Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Indipex 2011 Bangladesh Gandhi Pictorial Postmark Cancellation

Hello Gandhi Collectors,

===== Update 5/9/11 & 6/4/2011 ===========================================

PLEASE READ MY COMMENTS BEFORE READING THIS ARTICLE.

This is not FAKE. Bangladesh Post confirm with me.

Also I bought max card directly from Bangladesh seller and he also used Mahatma Gandhi stamp on the shipping cover.
===============================================================

Recently I saw Bangladesh Mahatma Gandhi Stamp and Pictorial Postmark Cancel of Mahatma Gandhi. I had also written in Indipex 2011 and Mahatma Gandhi blog post.





After doing some more research on this it looks like this is not officially issued by Bangladesh Postal Service. It might be private rubber stamp!!!

Reason for this assumption is that Pictorial Postmark Cancel is only in English. I checked other Bangladesh Postmark Cancel and it has English as well as native Bangladesh Language.

So not sure why they don't want to use their native language on this particular cancellation of Mahatma Gandhi.!! Mahatma Gandhi was also famous for knowing multiple languagues and can write also. 1948 India Mahatma Gandhi stamps were printed with 3 languagues English, Hindi and Urdu.!!

Also no where it is mentioned on Bangladesh postal service website. I also send them email twice but no response from them.


If someone has more information about this then please comment so all Gandhi Collectors are aware of this.


If I will find more information about this pictorial cancel and it is Genuine than I will change my blog post.

Until no satisfying proof it is Fake to me. I am not sure what you think!!

( I got email reply from Bangladesh Post about this stamp and pictorial postmark and as per them they issued this during Indipex 2011) SO this is NOT FAKE>

You can checkout yourself by looking following FDC and Pictorial cancel.


Thanks
KP.

BTW: If you are seller on ebay or delcampe and if you have more info then please let me know so I can update this blog and also buy it from you.

















========= My email to 5 different Postmaster of Bangladesh Postal Service ========

I got contact info from Bangladesh Postal Service Website. Check this link for their contact.


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: xxxxxx@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 2:40 PM
Subject: question regarding recently Bangladesh Gandhi stamp, pictorial cancel & fdc selling on ebay.
To: epost1@bttb.net.bd, ep6001@bttb.net.bd, ep4001@bttb.net.bd, ep3001@bttb.net.bd, ep7400@bttb.net.bd



Hello Postmaster,


Recently I saw Gandhi stamp from Bangladesh and also Gandhi Pictorial Cancellation(rubber stamp). Attach is copy of that cancellation & stamp. Please look at the attachment so you get idea what I am talking about.

I need your help to confirm that this are officially issued by Bangladesh Postal Service.

Reason for this is that lot of people are trying to sell this kind stuff on ebay and try to cheat collector and make huge amount of profit and destroying hobby. Someone from Germany tried this kind of acitivity and I worked with Germany Postal Service and Local Stamp Club members to find out that it was a fake postmark and no one bought that kind of cancel. You can read about this on my blog. You can read this by click following url.

http://gandhiphilately.blogspot.com/2010/01/fake-gandhi-postmark-cancel-from.html

Let me know if any questions or concerns.

Awaiting for reply.


Again thanks for reading this blog post and  Please share your thoughts in the comments section.


Thanks


3 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I must say this blog is very informative for beginners like me. Please continue posting and keeping us informed on the latest issues.

    Actually, I had also tried to order some stamps on RN Tagore from the Bangladesh post. But as soon as I click on the Checkout button after adding items to my Shopping Cart, it throws an error.

    Please guide me how to get the Gandhi and Tagore items issued by them in 2011.

    Thanks in advance,
    Sovan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sovan,

    Buy it on ebay or delcampe by paying premium to ebay seller.

    It's ok to pay 1-2 $ extra as it is faster & safer as website of bangladesh and other countries does not work properly including payment system.

    So instead of trying to get it through directly and trying to save money just go to ebay or delcampe and get it.

    Thanks
    KP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Gandhi Collectors,

    Today I got reply from Bangladesh Post Philately Division about my inquiry about this.

    I am really happy to inform all you that Pictorial Postmark Cancellation issued during Indipex is Genuine, so my assumption is incorrect.

    Please consider this as GENUINE.

    Following is the email from Mr. Haque.

    Thanks
    KP.
    ===============================================
    from : Mozammel Postal XXXXXXXXXX@yahoo.com
    to : kxx@xxxxx.com

    date Mon, May 9, 2011 at 10:35 PM
    subject Re: Correctness of Gandhi Stamps issued by Bangladesh Post
    mailed-byyahoo.com
    signed-byyahoo.com



    Dear Mr. Petal,I am pleased to inform you that your inquiries about pictorial postmark on FDC(RUBBER STAMP) is appreciable.These are also genuine.

    Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

    Md.MOZAMMEL HAQUE.SECTION OFFICER(PHILATELY)
    =======================================================

    ReplyDelete