Monday, March 2, 2009

Gandhi 1969 - One Of A Kind - Germany Imperforate used on cover

Gandhi 1969 - Germany Imperforate used on Cover.
One of a kind.

To commemorate the centenary of Birth of Gandhi, Germany was one of the countries that had issued a postage stamp on Gandhi.

This is one of the rare examples of this stamp on a cover. It seems it is the only known usage of this on cover.

The imperforate stamp itself is quite common. However it does command a premium. I do not have the exact count of how many imperforate stamps are in existance. If anyone has a guesstimate, I would love to hear from you.

The last sale price of this item - Euros 3500.
and Ah!!! I do not own this item. From my perspective, I don't see any value addition in my Gandhi Collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment